Death and life are in the power of your tongue! If you believe something in your heart and speak it with your mouth, that it what you will have, whether it’s good or bad. Saying that death is in the power of your tongue is no exaggeration (the Bible does not exaggerate) – you can literally kill yourself with your mouth! You can also save yourself from premature death with your mouth! You can kill yourself, your finances, your marriage, your dreams, your social life, your favor with people and anything else. However, you can also speak life to yourself, your finances, your marriage, your dreams, your social life, your favor with people and anything else, no matter how dire things look. It’s your choice what you will say and have.
The fact is, you can get everyone in the world to pray for you, but if you are speaking the opposite out of your mouth, you will have what you say, not what they pray. Their prayers cannot negate the confession of your mouth. (Also, your prayers cannot negate the confession of someone else’s mouth. That is why people need to be taught the Word of God, not just be prayed for! If you’re praying for them to live and they’re saying they’re going to die, they will have what they say, not what you pray.)
So now would be a good time to check up on what you are believing and saying. Don’t hand in this test – just answer the questions for yourself and decide whether you really like your answers or not!
1. Which are you saying about your financial situation?
- a. I am a tither and giver and God is opening up the windows of heaven to me and multiplying what I gave – no matter what things look like right now.
- b. I don’t know how we’ll ever make it with oil prices so high and the economy slipping. We’re in for some tough times ahead. Glad we enjoyed better times while they lasted.
2. Which are you saying about your social life?
- a. God wants me to prosper in all things, and that includes my social life. He blesses me with good friends.
- b. No one really cares about me or even likes me, everyone is just a “taker” and that’s just how it’s going to be in this rotten world until Jesus returns.
3. Which are you saying about your health?
- a. I am healed by the stripes of Jesus and God hastens His Word to perform it in my life. He heals all my diseases; He is the Lord Who Heals Me. I will live and not die and declare the works of the Lord.
- b. You know, I’m getting older, so it’s inevitable that I will have serious health problems as my body ages. I’ll probably have the same problems that run in my family. Guess I’d better enjoy what health I have left now before I lose it.
4. Which are you saying about your dreams?
- a. I delight myself in the Lord, and He is giving me the desires of my heart. Though the vision I have for the future tarries, I will wait for it. I don’t despise the day of small things. Everything He has shown me will surely happen. I increase in favor with God and man.
- b. Reality has smashed my dreams. I will probably go to my grave with unrealized visions, smashed hopes and gifts that were never used much if at all. I just never get the “breaks” that other people get. Others may fulfill their dreams, but I’m too busy just grinding through life trying to survive. I wish I were someone else.
5. Which are you saying about God?
- a. God loves me and has good plans for me. He is working with me as I share the good news with others. He is for me, not against me. He is my very present help in time of trouble. He is my strength, my rock, my deliverer, my strong tower – He is everything I need.
- b. God has pretty much forgotten about me. He just leaves me hanging out there on my own and I don’t know why. He seems to bless others and skip me. I don’t know if He even likes me anymore– maybe He doesn’t care to associate with failures like me.